If you would like to enroll your child in the Early Head Start program, go to one of the centers listed or the CADA administrative office on Highway 258 in Rich Square to fill out an application.
You may call any of the centers listed on the back of our brochure or call the CADA administrative office at (252) 539-4155.
The Early Head Start program has 3 program options:
- Expectant Families Option
- Center Based Toddler Option
- Home Based Option
To be eligible for Early Head Start, a child must be birth to 3 years of age for Home Based enrollment and 18 months of age to 3 years of age for Center Based enrollment. To be eligible for the Expectant Families program, the mother must show proof of pregnancy.
Children in Early Head Start will grow and develop in the following areas:
- Language (Expressive and Receptive)
- Social-Emotional Development
- Physical Development (Fine and Gross Motor) In addition to high quality classroom experiences, CADA Early Head Start children receive physicals, dentals, nutrition assessments, and speech, vision, and hearing screenings.
PARENTS OF EARLY HEAD START CHILDREN MAY RECEIVE FREE TRAINING TO BECOME A PAID SUBSTITUTE TEACHER IN THE CLASSROOM .